Vietnamese Crepes (Bánh Xèo)
- 1 packet of banh xeo mix or 9 oz of rice flour and 3 oz of all purpose flour and 2-3 tsp of turmeric
- 3.5 cups of water
- 1 can of coconut cream (my bf is allergic, so I substitute it with 1 cup of milk and 1 extra cup of water)
- 1 tsp salt
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- 2 lbs of ground pork
- 1 lb of small shrimps
- 1 bag of bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1-1.5 cup of warm water (depending on how diluted you wanted it to be)
- 0-2 thai chili peppers (depending on your spice level)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 fresh squeezed limes
- 2 tbsp sugar
Add everything together in a mixing bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. You can add the green onions when you start frying the crepes.
Wash and boil the beansprouts and leave to the side for later. Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a medium skillet using medium high heat. Fry the shrimp and ground pork for about 1-2 minutes or until it is almost cooked. Add the batter in and make it is evenly spread. Next, add in the beansprouts. Cover the lid for about 3-4 minutes or until the sides of crepe is transparent. Remove lid and turn the heat to medium low. Cook until the crepe is crispy. Fold it in half and serve immediately.
Mix the ingredients and pour as much as needed onto your crepe. Enjoy!