Vietnamese Chicken Curry (Ca Ri Ga)
- 1 lb bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 oz shallots
- 3 tbsp of oil
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 2 medium cubed carrots
- 20 small potatoes cut in half
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
(I didn’t add coconut milk because boyfriend is allergic) 🙁
- Heat up a medium size pot with water and add the oil. Saute the shallots until aromatic.
- Add the chicken and stir.
- Next, add the curry powder, carrots, and potatoes.
- After that, add the chicken broth and turn heat to low.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer until carrots and potatoes become tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water to make the slurry. Add fish sauce, slurry and sugar.
- Toast bread and/or steam rice. Enjoy!