Simple Caramelize Braised Pork Belly with Eggs (Thit Kho)
- 2 pounds pork belly, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ground black pepper to taste
- 13 fluid ounces water (bf allergic to coconut, but you can add coconut soda instead)
- 6-8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- Thai chili peppers (optional)
Heat sugar in a large wok or pot over medium heat until it melts and caramelizes into a light brown syrup, about 5 minutes. Add pork and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
Add fish sauce and black pepper; stir to evenly coat pork. Pour in water and bring to a boil. Add eggs, reduce heat to low and cook until pork is done.
Add the peppers if you want a kick.
Remove wok from the heat and let stand, about 10 minutes. Serve over rice and enjoy!