Beef with Broccoli
- 1.5 lb of beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cups of soy sauce
- 1/3 cups of beef broth
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- Ground pepper
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of ginger, minced
- 2 broccoli heads, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper the beef.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger (sauce) and set aside.
- Make the slurry by combining the cornstarch and water and set aside.
- In a large wok over medium high heat, put in 1 tbsp of oil and sear the beef for about a minute. Then take it out and set aside.
- Put the rest of the oil and broccoli in the large wok for about a minute and then stir in the sauce. Once the sauce becomes aromatic, add the beef and beef broth. Then stir for about 8-10 minutes or until beef is brown. Add the slurry and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Once you’re done, it should be ready! Serve and enjoy!