Instant Pot Vietnamese Pho
When I was a little girl,
- 1 whole chicken (small, 3-4 lbs)
- 2 packs of meatballs (cut in halves)
- 1 lbs. of round eye sliced beef
- 5-6 star anise
- 1 white onion
- 2 scoops of pho powder
- 1 big can of pho beef broth
- chicken broth
- 3-4 gingers thumb-sized
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 sugar cubes
- fresh rice pho noodles
- green onions or onion
- basil leaves
- bean sprouts
- hoisin sauce
- condiment balls
- instant pot
- Put a generous amount of salt on the chicken. Rinse the chicken to clean it. After doing that, salt the chicken again. Stuff the chicken with ginger pieces. Put the chicken in the instant pot.
- Put the star anise and garlic in the condiment ball.
- Pour pho bac beef broth and chicken broth until the 2/3 max lines.
- Put pho powder, sugar cubes, fish sauce, and the onion in the pot.
- Turn Instant Pot on high pressure for 15 minutes and natural pressure release for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, boil the fresh pho rice noodles.
- Take out the chicken and pour more chicken broth. Turn Instant Pot on saute mode until boil. Boil the desired amount of meatballs.
- Shred chicken and set aside.
- To put the bowl together, put in rice noodles, slices for round eye beef, meatballs, shredded chicken, finished broth, and desired optional condiments. And serve.